I love a quick recipe. One that’s good, quick, but still really good. Not really the ones that I end up with lunch where it’s basically 5 random ingredients thrown into a bowl that we call a “salad.” This is coming from a place of complete dissatisfaction with my salad I had while writing this. It wasn’t good.
But this salad, this salad is good. And if you wanna be a little lazy and call it rustic, it’s perfection.
Once you’ve roasted the sweet potatoes and allowed them to cool just a bit, this salad comes together so fast. And it’s yet another you-do-you-boo recipe! Of course, any salad can be adjusted to your liking. And I will always recommend more cheese than is actually necessary.
I actually loved the way these ingredients came together so much, and they were so fresh, that I didn’t even need dressing. But if you need a quick dressing, this is my go-to and definitely works for this; you could swap balsamic vinegar for the white wine vinegar.
If you are looking for an excellent gorgonzola cheese, I have to tell you that Trader Joe’s is excellent. It’s perfectly marbled with blue and has a lovely creamy-yet-sharp flavor, which compliments the candied pecans, pomegranate seeds and sweet potatoes so well.
Roasted Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Salad
- 1 lb sweet potato sliced into rounds
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb greens
- 1/4 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 c candied pecans
- 1/4 c gorgonzola
- 1/4 c favorite dressing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice sweet potatoes and combine in a bowl with spices and olive oil, toss to combine.
- Arrange on baking sheet lined with silpat; roast for 15 minutes, shake and rotate and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until tender.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- On the pan you roasted the sweet potatoes, combine remaining ingredients and toss with your favorite dressing.