Are you thinking, “Hailey, do I really need a recipe to roast potatoes?” Uh, yes. Yes, you do. This roasted potato side dish will fill your house with the most amazing scent. Think, melted butter and garlic and herbs and just straight up deliciousness.
The secret? Melted butter, red onions, a lot of garlic, and parmesan. I could make this every single night and be perfectly content with my life.
I mean, can you even handle it?
Parmesan, Butter & Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lb tri-color potatoes cut in half
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 10 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese more to garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your potatoes. Slice the potatoes in half, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Once melted, add garlic, shallot, rosemary, thyme and sautee until the garlic is fragrant.
- Over the potatoes, pour your butter mixture, salt & pepper, and parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- On a baking sheet lined with prepared foil or a silpat, lay out the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, rotating and shaking the pan about halfway through. Serve hot.
- Add chopped parsley and/or parmesan to garnish, if desired.