This one is fondly known around here as the “pizza salad.” All of the spices combine together and kind of, sort of, if you close your eyes, taste a little bit like pizza. Listen, when you’re trying to lighten up a few meals, this one is a good choice – the flavors hit the spot and has enough protein that it’s satisfying.
This is a great recipe for meal prep – the flavors really develop in the fridge, or if you just need to whip up a quick lunch on a weekday between zoom meetings.
The ingredients are simple: chickpeas, roasted red peppers, green pepper, tomatoes, champagne vinegar, ground garlic, oregano, red pepper flake, salt and pepper. A longish list, I know, but simple right? It’s basically beans, some veg and pizza spices!
I wanted to sautee some mushrooms to shake it up a little but I’ve just used up the last of my mushrooms before my next grocery delivery (we’re all waiting 2 weeks for groceries, right?). You could totally use any combo of veggies or beans you have! You could even top it with some grilled chicken.
Let me know if you make it and what mix-ins you choose!
Chickpea & Sweet Pepper Pizza Salad
- 1 15 oz can chickpea beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 c roasted red peppers, diced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground garlic less if you don’t like a lot of garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine. Serve with toasted naan and garnish with parmesan and parsley.