I can’t decide if this is a three bean dip or a three bean salsa – what do you guys think? Honestly, salsa to me needs tomatoes and there aren’t any tomatoes in this recipe – so we’re going with a dip! And this dip is so quick, so easy and is so versatile!
With Memorial Day Weekend quickly approaching (seriously, where has the time gone this year?!), I’ve been thinking more about quick and easy dishes for all the BBQs were planning to have this summer. We’ve spent time getting the yard ready for hosting and really can’t wait to have friends and family over all season long.
This dip is so simple – black beans, red beans, chickpeas, scallions, green chiles, corn, red onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and a dash of champagne vinegar. And some more salt. Always with the salt!
It can be a dip (or salsa?), you can toss it on top of a salad, or mix it in with some pasta for a pasta salad, you could even drop it on top of shrimp, chicken, salmon – and you probably almost always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe! Those are the best kind, right? When you can just make something out of nothing.
Three Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can red or pink beans
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo) beans
- 1 11 oz can corn, mexi corn or 1 jar Trader Joe’s corn chile salsa
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilies
- 3-5 stalks of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse beans well.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl except salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, tasting as you go and adjusting as necessary.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold or at room temperature.