Guys, I am so into mint and basil chopped up on and in everything (see: herbed turkey meatballs). One of my 2019 Bucket List items was finishing dishes with fresh herbs or lemon/lime, and I’ve been all over it all year, but especially so now that the weather has finally broken.
This time of year begs for fresh flavors, crisp veggies, and overall light and quick meals. Really, who wants to turn on the stove anyway?! And less time in the kitchen means more time outside, or at the beach, lake or pool. Sign me up!
This is one of my favorite salads right now, I love to whip up a batch enough for a day or two. You just slice up some English cucumbers (or you’ll need to de-seed the traditional ones), red onion, a squeeze of half a lemon, salt, and Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel (EBTB) seasoning. C’est tout! Ours doesn’t last long, but it held fine for me with fresh cucumbers for 2 days.
To make this a full on meal, here are some suggestions:
Cucumber Salad with Mint, Basil & TJ’s EBTB Seasoning
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1/8 c sliced red onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 2-3 tsp Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing to combine.
- Taste for olive oil, salt and EBTB seasoning. Adjust accordingly.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.