Guys, I really love pumpkin spice. The day that the PSL becomes available, I feel like the fall season truly kicks off. Bring on the sweaters and scarves, and #pumpkinspiceeverything. But – I do not like pumpkin pie. But – I love these pumpkin pies!
I think the crust-to-pie ratio makes me like these minis, but I also love how silky the filling is. How quickly these come together doesn’t hurt, either!
Some of my friends and family aren’t really fans of pumpkin pie either, and I’m definitely more known for my apple pie. But there’s something magical about these little one-bite pumpkin pies that seem to be a crowd pleaser. Topping them with a bunch of whipped cream doesn’t hurt either!
One-Bite Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2 Pie crusts store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the pie crust to about 1/8" thickness.
- Cut out 18 circles with a cookie cutter or small juice glass and place in the mini muffin pan. Place in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and spices, whisking together until combined.
- To the sugar and spices, whisk pumpkin puree, evaporated milk and beaten until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the prepared pie crusts. Bake for about 17 minutes, until the tops of the pumpkin pies are set. They do not need to be completely stiff, but a sturdier consistency than jello.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, transfer to cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, chill for 3 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container. Serve with whipped cream.