When trying to keep a dinner menu simple, I love to serve a substantial recipe rather than a few picky dishes. If you get your timing right, a few glasses of wine when your guests arrive will hold them over and naturally transition to dinner with just one big appetizer.
These goat cheese stuffed artichokes are hearty enough for a cooler spring day, plus artichokes are in season! Be sure to get all the details on cleaning artichokes in our last post, here.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Recipe
Time: ~40 minutes | Yield: 2 artichokes (easily doubled, tripled and customized with any cheese combos!)
1/3 c breadcrumbs
2 tsp parsley, fresh or dried
2 tbsp softened butter
salt & pepper to taste
5 oz soft goat cheese
1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c heavy cream
1 garlic glove, grated or minced
Salt, Pepper to taste
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Follow directions to cleaning artichokes here
- Combine topping ingredients, set aside
- Combine cheese filling ingredients, except the egg yolk, in a small sauce pan, over medium low heat
- Melt cheeses together, stir until combined.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes (I wait until I can touch the side of the sauce pan briefly)
- Add egg yolk to cheese filling
- Fill each artichoke about halfway
- Top with breadcrumb mixture
- Bake on lined baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are golden
We’re serving these goat cheese stuffed artichokes with our spring dinner menu! A crisp rose, tilapia piccata and panna cotta make for a lovely evening in with friends.