“Strawberry fields foreverrrr…”
Guys, I am SO into strawberries right now! Yesterday, we shared the Strawberry Chipotle Glazed Pork Tenderloin we’re serving up for Easter and today – a Strawberry Pound Cake! I’m so obsessed with this cake. It is so good. We’ve already made and devoured two of these. In one week.
This cake is: moist, sweet but not too sweet, full of strawberry flavor, buttery, and did I mention, moist? Don’t you love that word? I’ll say it again for the people in the back – this pound cake is so MOIST!
I’m also writing this as we’re baking a third (a gift to a friend, thankfully not staying in the house), and it’s wafting in here and it just even smells so incredible.
I can’t get over this one. It’s so pretty! And, because it’s so MOIST, it can sit out for a bit on your counter while you prep the rest of your meal. And isn’t she just pretty to look at?!
Okay, I’ll stop drooling. For this cake, I used 3 sticks of butter and a block of cream cheese, creamed together with some (read: a lot) of sugar. It’s a pound cake guys. We’re going for it. I blended about a pound of strawberries, which gave me just a little bit over a cup. I reserved a few tablespoons of the blended strawberries for the jammy glaze we’re going to whip up here.
You’ll bake her for about an hour, until she’s set, and then let her cool in the pan until the pan is cooled enough to handle. The cake will likely still be warm, but that’s okay, I found she pops out better if she’s still a little warm.
Okay – also, this looks raw, but it’s not – promise. The strawberries like to settle at the bottom (which of course becomes the top).
Anyway, let’s chat about the cake pan I used! This guy has a lot of detail, so while you would typically prep your pan with butter, I used an olive oil cooking spray. Now, this is definitely more olive oil than it is cooking spray, and to be honest, I think it’s why the cake popped right out of the pan without incident! If you have any tricks of your own, definitely use what you know – you don’t want to go through all of this effort for your cake to fall apart when it comes out of the pan!
So, once you’re ready to serve, you’ll whip up a simple glaze with strained blended strawberries, powdered sugar and a bit of lemon juice. Then, dust your cake with powdered sugar, garnish with strawberries and try your best to not eat the entire cake!
Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 8-oz brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 c sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 c blended strawberries
- 3 c flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp blended strawberries, strained
- 1-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Blend strawberries, set aside.
- To a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add butter, cream cheese and sugars; mix until well combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add blended strawberries and mix until just combined.
- Add sugar and mix until well combined, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Spray cake pan with cooking spray; pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about an hour, starting to check at 50 minutes; bake until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- To serve, make glaze.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice and strawberry juice until well blended and a thick (maple syrup type consistency). Drizzle over cake and follow with powdered sugar. Garnish with strawberries.
- To keep, wrap in plastic.