Kale Salad with Pomegranates & Candied Pecans
Sweet and savory, all the flavors in this dish come together for a great side to balance a main, from meat to pasta!
- 1 lb kale washed, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup goat or gorgonzola cheese optional
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp set aside for kale
- 1/4 cup white wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
Place kale in a large bowl, and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over kale. Massage the kale for 2-3 minutes to take away bitterness.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Add cheese if using, or keep aside for guests to add to their own dish.
In a mason jar or blender, combine olive oil, vinegar and dijon mustard. Blend until combined (or shake until combined). Taste for salt and pepper.
Add dressing and toss salad, or serve dressing on the side.