I just love a simple recipe. And I just love brunch. So when the two come together, it’s really a win-win in my book. These prosciutto cups have quickly become a favorite of ours for weekend breakfasts when I find myself having a little extra time. And to be honest, most days I’m out of the house around 6:30 AM and just can’t bring myself to eat so early. If I could, I would definitely be making these two ingredient prosciutto cups 7 days a week.
What I love about the simplicity of this breakfast idea is that you can easily riff on it for yet another, you guessed it, you-do-you recipe. You could throw in veg. You could sit the egg on a bed of sauteed spinach in the prosciutto cup. You can dollop with pesto or zhoug or top it with chives, cilantro, scallions – whatever you fancy!
I have to admit, I don’t do much meal prep but I’m trying to be a bit smarter about getting myself out of the house faster and not having to spend $15 on breakfast and lunch everyday. We’ve been making big batches of hardboiled eggs for quick breakfasts on the go or snacks, but these are a great alternative! And you can 100% make them ahead of time for some legit meal prepping.
These hold really well, you could make a whole bunch and keep them for the week in the refrigerator. Just heat them up in 30 second increments, or let them come to room temperature. We don’t have a microwave at home, so I’ll make them fresh for us during the weekends and take any leftovers to work and use the office microwave.
Two Ingredient Prosciutto Cups
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- zhoug, pesto, scallions, chives, etc. for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Gently fold prosciutto slices into muffin tin.
- Carefully crack eggs into each cavity.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until yolk reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with zhoug, pesto, chives, scallions, etc.! You can also pop a bed of sauteed spinach or mushrooms on top of the prosciutto before the eggs. You could toss a bit of cheese on top – whatever suits your mood!