Where are my last minute gift givers?! I always find myself scrambling for a few little things just a few days before the holidays. Typically, we start Christmas shopping in October to slowly check off our lists. And then, come December ~22nd I realize I forgot one or two little things I needed to add or realized I needed a hostess gift.
These little stove top potpourris are one of my favorite hostess gifts – love a consumable! I also love the excuse to make a batch of these so I have some stove top potpourri for Christmas Eve, the one holiday we host each year.
These stove top potpourri are perfect for some last minute gifts, you’ll just need to dehydrate the oranges. After that, it all comes together as fast as you can sing jingle bells.
So, you’ll thinly slice the oranges and bake in the oven for about 2 hours, until they’re dried out. Definitely use a piece of parchment paper or silpat so the orange slices don’t stick to your pan. If they do, it’s harder to remove the slices and they’ll crumble. #personalexperience
So, all the ingredients you’ll need for one bag are:
- Dried orange slices (3-4 per bag)
- Fresh cranberries (1/2 c per bag)
- Cinnamon sticks (3-4 per bag)
- Cloves (10 per bag)
- Ever green sprigs (3 per bag)
Package up in a ball jar or treat bags with ribbon. Add a bell and/or some fresh ever green for a little added touch! I add the directions on the gift tag, which just say to add the mix to a pot with 2 cups of water and simmer on low. You’ll just keep topping off the pot so it doesn’t dry out and then your house smells so perfectly holiday homey!
Holiday Stove Top Potpourri
- 4 slices dried orange
- 1/2 c fresh cranberries
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 10 cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh evergreen
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silpat. Thinly slice oranges.
- Bake for 2 hours, until orange slices are dry.
- Once cooled, layer ingredients in a bag or jar, starting with the cranberries (these will help hold the bag up if you use a bag instead of a jar!)
- Add remaining ingredients, tie with a ribbon!