Man, this week is turning into a hummus dinner party, isn’t it?! But in all seriousness, I really do love roasting up some broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil, lemon and garlic and then pouring a hummus dressing over it.
You want to know what makes the dressing so easy? It’s 3 ingredients: hummus, water, lemon juice. C’est tout!
You all know I like a quick recipe that feels like you took a little extra effort – it’s what can elevate a simple dish to a dish worthy of guests. It’s all about layering the flavors in this one. Roasting broccoli brings out the nuttiness, but it also gives it a little crunch – and a far, far cry from boring steamed broccoli.
When you add on olive oil, lemon and garlic to the roasted broccoli, you get something really spectacular. For an extra little bit of crunch and fat and savoriness, I toss the roasted broccoli with pine nuts. And for the piece de resistance? Hummus, watered down with a little lemon juice and water. Which, by the way, really does go lovely with the hummus crusted chicken – pulls through all the flavors from dish to dish, ya know?!
Garnish with a little paprika or cayenne, put it in a pretty bowl and serve it up for all your weeknight guests to enjoy! Or just, ya know, for yourself when you want something other than steamed broccoli!
Of course you can use this dressing on any veg, protein, roasted veg, etc. You can do all broccoli, all cauliflower, a mix, or any of your fav veggies!
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Hummus Dressing
- 1 lb broccoli & cauliflower, fresh
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon juiced, divided
- 1/2 cup hummus
- water, as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- pine nuts, cayenne or paprika, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place veggies on baking sheet, pour olive oil over and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle garlic and lemon juice on the broccoli.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Meanwhile, combing hummus, half the lemon juice and a few teaspoons of water to a bowl.
- Mix ingredients until the texture is dressing-like – runny, but not too watery. Slowly add more water until you get a dressing-like mixture.
- Pour over broccoli, top with pine nuts and cayenne. Enjoy hot!