I wish I was the #dogmom that whipped up dog treats every week and kept the cookie jar perfectly stocked all the time. But let’s be real, this girl ain’t no Martha Stewart. That’s alright. Every once in a while, usually when I make some candied bacon, I save a few pieces of bacon for these dog treats.
These guys are super easy to put together, just some flour, eggs, peanut butter and bacon. You can cut the treats into any shape, but I use these cookie cutters. I like that I can make any size, which is great when you make treats for a gift!
The one thing I do love about making these is seeing how excited our pup gets when he smells the bacon cooking. I may or may not throw him a little piece while I’m making the batter.
I will say it’s best for your dog if you use a natural peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts – or peanuts and salt. All the other stuff isn’t great for them, and I won’t make dog treats for my own or for anyone’s dog with extra oil added.
If you have concerns about ingredients, talk to your vet!
You can get the recipe for my peanut butter pumpkin dog treats here.
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 c flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- Line baking sheet with foil and place bacon on the sheet. Place in cold oven and heat up to 350.
- Bake bacon until crispy. Remove from oven, set aside and allow to cool until you can handle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, eggs, peanut butter.
- Chop up bacon into pieces and toss in to the dough. Stir until well combined.
- Flour a surface, dump out dough onto the floured surface.
- Roll dough out into about 1″ thick circle; cut out treats with cookie cutters and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roll dough again and continue cutting treats until all the dough is used.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then give them to the good bois!