Since we first were married, this crusted hummus chicken recipe has been on of my go-to weeknight meals. It’s satisfying, quick when you use a thin chicken breast, and feels like you actually took some effort to get dinner on the table. And I say this wanting you to know that most weeknights in our house is a protein and a vegetable sauteed in a pan together for dinner. So this always feels like, wow you made dinner!
This time, I topped 2 breasts with paprika and 2 with the Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning. Because it literally tastes great on everything. I made roasted garlic hummus for this recipe, but you can use absolutely any flavor and you can use store bought!
To dress these up for weeknight dinner guests, I serve over a bed of greens with lemon, and a side of roasted broccoli and my go to couscous recipe (coming tomorrow!). It’s really all about the sides anyway, isn’t it?!
Definitely an upgrade from the usual protein + veg sautee! I’ve been trying to be more creative during weeknights, especially since we keep it pretty light and try to limit fat and carbs. This most definitely hits the spot when you want something a little more than plain chicken and broccoli and really packs a punch.
I’ve used lemon hummus, roasted red pepper, the one with 120931028 seasonings and jalapeno hummus. The jalapeno might just be my favorite – love some heat! Definitely try this with any flavor you love! It’s a great left over, too! We don’t have a microwave, so I’ll let it come to room temp, slice and serve over some veggies.
Hummus Crusted Chicken
- 4 thin chicken breasts, patted dry
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup hummus, depending on the surface area of your chicken
- cayenne, paprika, everything seasoning optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken in a thin layer of hummus and sprinkle with seasoning, if using.
- Bake the chicken 25-30 minutes or until cooked through (165 internal temp and juices run clear).
- Serve hot!