You know that feeling when you make something stupid good? Yeah, that’s these gigantic coffee chocolate chip cookies. They’re just stupid good.
I got a jar of instant coffee for those Dalgonas from earlier in the week and wanted to see how else I could make use of it. I can’t imagine going through an entire jar of instant coffee that quickly. Let me tell you – after making these cookies, I want to put instant coffee in and on everything to see what happens.
There might be nothing better than a soft chocolate chip cookie other than one that’s as big as your freaking face.
These are pretty simple to make, and the key is their chilling time. They need to chill for at least 2 hours so the dough is pretty hard. This is what makes them so soft! It takes longer for the butter to melt, so they maintain their softness.
What makes these crazy is that you’re going to use an ice cream scoop to make them. Yep, they’re gigantic guys! We need to use an ice cream scoop to get them that way. So this recipe only makes about 10 cookies, but all you need is one. If we’re being honest, you probably only need half of one, but it’s quarantine and we do what we want, k?
Let me know if you make these!
Gigantic Chewy Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar light brown will work, too
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 c chocolate chips
- large flake salt, for garnish, optional
- Combine sugars and butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and coffee granules until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips; mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out dough and place on baking sheet, no more than 5 per baking sheet. The cookies will spread, keep them at least 2-3″ away from each other.
- Leave the dough in large balls, do not press them down. Sprinkle with flake salt if using.
- Refrigerate rest of the dough while the first batch bakes.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until edges are just golden.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 7 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.