To know me is to know that I love podcasts. Like, really love them. Sometimes I listen to them so often I forget how much I love music. If you’re not into podcasts (who are you), all you really need to know is that there’s a podcast for everything.
I have a whole lot of favorite podcasts in totally different genres, from true crime to business to beauty and of, course, to food. Check out this list and let me know if you have any others I should check out!
Best Podcasts for Foodies:
- Bon Appetit’s Foodcast – 100% my favorite food podcast. I get so many ideas for recipes and have definitely learned a lot (like, hello, how much I know about rice now?!). Foodcast is a must.
- Gastropod – Basically the history of food, another one that is so incredibly interesting. It’s hosted by Cynthia Graber and Nicola Twilley, both journalists, and I love their voices. Their episodes are well researched and put together in a way that really tells the story in a compelling way.
- Cal Peternell’s Cooking By Ear – Cal Peternell is a Chez Panisse alum, and has written a bunch of cookbooks (I highly, highly recommend Twelve Recipes). The podcast features Cal in the kitchen with a guest, cooking a meal by ear. Once I listened to this podcast I started to realize that I do listen to the pan when I’m cooking, going to it when the sound changes. It’s a pretty cool concept!
- Inside Trader Joe’s – Behind the scenes at everyone’s favorite store, Trader Joe’s!
- And finally Gaby Dalkin’s What’s Gaby Cooking – there’s just a teaser right now, but I adore Gaby’s recipes and cookbooks, so I’m looking forward to this one! And she’s part of Dear Media Network, which hosts a ton of my favorite (non-food) podcasts!