Are you even ready?! Drop whatever it is you are doing, add this to your Christmas menu, and add these ingredients to your Christmas shopping list:
- Vanilla ice cream (or caramel, or coffee)
- Irish Cream
That’s all you need!
Last week, as I thought about our Christmas menu, I was really struggling to come up with a dessert. I was toying with the idea of an affogato, an Italian dessert comprised of ice cream and espresso, but kept hemming and hawing. And then! I was struck with inspiration! Someone gifted my husband and I one of those bottle-of-alcohol-and-cup gift sets and I flipped the box over and saw this idea, and immediately knew I should just make this.
I am constantly telling you about you-do-you-boo recipes, and this is 100% one of them. You can serve a variety of flavors, though I love the vanilla, caramel or coffee flavors for this. You can opt for a stroopwafel, or another cookie, or none at all. You can choose any brand of Irish Cream and serve these up in cute little glasses and you’re done! I mean, talk about easy! All you have to do is buy the ingredients and it comes together, literally, as easy as 1-2-3!
Please note, if you are in the United States, this recipe is intended for folks 21 and up. Please drink responsibly and refer to your country’s consumption laws accordingly.
Irish Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 12 scoops ice cream, divided
- 4 stroopwafels
- 4 oz Irish Cream divided
- Place 3 scoops in 4 bowls.
- Add a stroopwafel to the bowls.
- Pour over 1 oz Irish Cream on each bowl.
- This recipe is intended for folks 21 and up (in the US)
- Use any flavor of ice cream!
- I recommend the caramel stroopwafel, but any flavor (or any wafer-like cookie) works!