This time of year, I go all in on the clementines! I love that the winter is a time for citrus to shine. I also go all in on the quick and easy treats, like these chocolate covered clementines. I actually will confess to you – these are tangerines. Trader Joe’s ran out of clems!
You know from my “recipe” for no-bake shortbread cookies, I love a good, easy, quick hack for a treat. All you need is the chocolate hard shell – this one is my favorite, and some Maldon salt. The salt flake is the key. Y’all know how much I love salt, and I take it very seriously. When you finish a dessert with salt, you want a large flake and the Maldon flakes are the best.
my mom Santa dropped a clementine in the bottom of my Christmas stocking. It was always the last thing to pull out, and smells and tastes like Christmas morning to me. Now, I stick one in hubby’s stocking every year and next year we’ll stick one in Baby’s stocking!
Chocolate Dipped Clementines with Maldon Salt
- 1/4 container Dulci Frutta or other chocolate hard shell
- 3-5 clementines
- Maldon salt, for garnish
- Peel 3-5 clementines, or as many as you want!
- Melt the Dulci Frutta or chocolate hard shell according to the package instructions. (I use a double boiler since we do not have a microwave, which works as long as you make sure you don’t get any water in the chocolate.)
- Working quickly, dip 5 wedges in the chocolate and then sprinkle on the salt before the shell hardens.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Once hardened, refrigerate until serving or leave at room temp (the chocolate shell hardens so it doesn’t have to be refrigerated if you are short on space!)