I used Stonewall Kitchen’s bada bing cherries – guys, you must. They’re so good. Forget the maraschino cherry thing. The bada bings is what’s up, especially for this cocktail. They’re in cherry juice, which you’ll use for this recipe, and it’s just got so much flavor (I’m already working on another recipe to use these cherries for, I love them SO much.)
And then, of course as I’m making these cocktails and cheersing my hubby, Harper wanted one. I smashed up some cherries for her with some sparkling water (randomly her favorite thing in the world) and then we walked up the street in our diaper (and sunscreen) drinking our mocktail. The pure joy though.
Let me know if you make one of these cocktails – so refreshing in this heat!
Bourbon & Cherry Mule Cocktail
- 10 cherries in juice
- 2 tbsp cherry juice
- 2-4 oz bourbon or whiskey
- 12 oz ginger beer
- cherries, crystalized ginger, for garnish
- Remove stems from cherries divide cherries in 2 glasses or jars; muddle cherries.
- Add 1 tbsp of cherry juice to each glass; top with 1-2 ounces of bourbon per glass.
- Top with ginger beer and ice; stir to combine.
- Garnish with cherries and crystallized ginger, if desired.