Did you even quarantine if you haven’t made a Dalgona? I’ll tell you what – you haven’t lived if you haven’t made these boozy peanut butter dalgonas!
I had been putting off making a Dalgona for what feels like months because, seriously, everyone is doing it and what can I show you that you hadn’t seen already? And then, I thought, maybe this would work with that peanut butter whiskey sitting on our bar. I can tell you, it does. Oh boy, does it ever.
First, you make a peanut butter Dalgona. Yeah, that’s right, we’re upping the ante on the Dalgona on all fronts. So you add a bit more sugar and water and then some powdered peanut butter. It’s divine.
Then, you top the ice and milk with a shot of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. Then you pop the Dalgona on top and some sprinkles and then enjoy your handy work.
So, I’ve seen a bunch of runny Dalgonas floating around – the key to this super fluffy foam is patience. You have to keep working it until it hits a whipped cream-like consistency. I will tell you – it’s probably best in a stand mixer. You can get the mixture up to a high speed and really get the right amount of air in there.
Tell me if you make these!
Boozy Peanut Butter Dalgonas
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 4 tbsp extra hot water
- 1 c milk
- 3 oz peanut butter whiskey
- ice, sprinkles for serving
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or in a bowl with your hand mixer and whisk attachment, add the instant coffee, sugar, powdered peanut butter and hot water.
- Whip until it reaches a whipped cream consistency, about 5 minutes on high speed.
- Add ice to each glass and split the milk and whiskey between the two.
- Top with the whipped Dalgona and some sprinkles, if using. Enjoy immediately (and responsibly, please and thank you).