Pregnancy has been doing some interesting things to our weeknight dinner routine. For one, I’m super picky and I’ve never, ever been a picky eater. There are things I’ll have on repeat, to hubby’s chagrin, every single week, multiple times per week. PLUS most days I have 0 energy to actually make a nice dinner for us, so quick and easy really hits the spot.
These mozzarella stuffed sausages have been on REPEAT in our house, at least twice a week. It’s so easy, you need 3 ingredients!
Any sausage will do – I’ve done hot Italian, sweet Italian, turkey sausage, etc. You just slice them open and then shove a bunch of shredded mozz in there OR you can stick a cheese stick in there. Shredded mozz is a little more melty, but the string cheese is faster, easier and cleaner.
Then, pour over your favorite tomato sauce, pop in a 400 degree oven for ~45 minutes or until the sausages reach an internal temp of 165. Sprinkle a little parm on top, and serve with salad, or pasta or even garlic bread!
Mozzarella Stuffed Sausages
- 6 sausage links any sausage will work!
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1/4 c shredded mozz, or 6 string cheese sticks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray or prepare with olive oil.
- Cut sausages through the middle but not completely in half – just enough to stuff the shredded mozz or cheese sticks into the sausages.
- Stuff the sausages with the cheese, pressing the sausage around the cheese as much as possible.
- Pour a little sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, then add the stuffed sausage links.
- Pour remaining sauce over sausages.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the sausages reach an internal temp of 165.
- Top with parmesan and serve with a salad, pasta or garlic bread!