Are you a grazer? I totally am, and would prefer to have snacky, appetizer-type food any day, which of course means I’m such a sucker for a cocktail party.
This chicken thigh recipe has been on repeat in our house, having made it at least 4 times for 4 different cocktail parties. I will tell you, it does work with chicken breast, but this dish is nowhere close to as good as it is when you use the chicken thighs. There’s no oil, though, so it evens out – right?
The flavor in this is out of this world, too. The paprika and garlic make the loveliest combination, and the chicken comes out so juicy. A little squeeze of lemon (or lime) and the fresh chopped parsley really bring a brightness to the dish. You can serve it with an aioli or sour cream or nothing at all. And don’t worry, won’t judge you for eating out of the pan.
To make an aioli to serve with the chicken, start with a cup of mayo, 1/4 cup Siracha, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Taste as you mix and adjust spice and salt accordingly.
Spanish Tapas Chicken Thighs (Pinxto)
- 3 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 5 Tsp Cumin
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 10 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped, more for garnish
- 1 Lemon, sliced, optional, for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare baking sheet with foil and cooking spray or a baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Pat chicken dry, place in large plastic bag.
- Add all ingredients except lemon to the bag, and shake to distribute spices.
- Bake immediately or marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Top with parsley and lemon juice, if desired. Serve with sour cream, aioli, etc.