Are you ready for a super easy, super quick Cranberry Apple Compote recipe?! I’ve been putting this stuff on a #allthethings, non-stop. From sandwiches to waffles to a festive appetizer for Christmas, this stuff is on it all. I’m thinking I might need to try it in a bread or muffin, too…thoughts?
Bookmark this one, you’re going to want it for the Gingerbread Waffles recipe that’s coming to you soon, perfect for Christmas morning and the Baked Brie Appetizer!
Easy Cranberry Apple Compote
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 large apple, chopped I used gala
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1.25 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Core and chop your apple.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes, until cranberries start to melt and apples soften.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool.