I think if I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be pizza! The best thing about these pizzas, besides being utterly delicious is that you can have them ready faster than you can order delivery.
There are three keys to making the perfect pizzas at home – a really hot oven, a cast iron skillet and fresh dough.
Like. Hello, beautiful. Get in my belly.
Alright, so this is what we’re doing – we’re preheating the oven to 500 degrees. While the oven is heating up, we’re leaving our skillet(s) in the oven so the skillet gets really hot, too.
While the oven is preheating, stretch out your dough and get your ingredients ready. Once the oven hits 500, you take out the skillet and drop in a tablespoon each of butter and olive oil. Once the butter melts, lay in the dough, top with your toppings and bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through. That’s it.
The crust is so nice and crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. If you want it even crispier, bake the pizzas for a few more minutes just watch closely, they brown quickly at the end!
Easy, right? Perfect for a night when you don’t want to cook or you don’t really feel like paying for delivery. And, they’re 100% better than anything frozen.
For this recipe, you’ll just need two 10″ cast iron skillets, no other fancy equipment necessary!
15 Minute Personal Pizzas
- 1 20 oz fresh pizza dough, split in half
- 2 tbsp or more for rolling
- 1/4 c pizza sauce
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
- desired toppings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 with two 10″ cast iron skillets in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Meanwhile, split the dough into two servings and roll out on a floured surface.
- When the oven has finished preheating, carefully remove both skillets and melt 1 tbsp of butter with 1 tbsp of olive oil in each skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, add one pizza crust to each prepared skillet.
- Top with sauce, cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through for even browning.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes for extra crispiness (watch closely as the pizzas brown quickly at the end).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from skillet, slice and serve!