I’ve never been a huge fan of eating breakfast at any time actually appropriate to be called “breakfast,” but oh how I love breakfast food. During the week, I usually skip right through the meal and end up having my lunch at 11:30 because I just can’t wait any more. I know, I know, I have to start eating a breakfast regularly.
Enter: weekend. I love breakfast on the weekend. And I love a breakfast that feels special. These egg toasts are a no-recipe needed dish that can be served as breakfast for one or brunch for one hundred.
The mini Naan I used for this are sturdy enough to hold the melted cheese, beneath the egg, and the drippy golden goodness when you break open the yolk. It’s a perfect light main dish, that accompanied by bacon or sausage or even potatoes would be a delightful brunch with your friends. Or yours truly. I make a great brunch guest and will always bring you champagne.
I love topping my eggs with scallions, I feel like it elevates the dish and really gets some great flavors going for you!
Naan Egg Toasts
Time: 10 minutes | Yield: 1 Naan Toast
Mini Naan (I use Stonefire)
1-2oz of your favorite cheese, or as much as you’d like of your favorite cheese
Scallions, sliced, optional
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Top your naan with your sliced cheese, thin enough that it will melt quickly. When the oven is ready, pop that naan in the oven to get toasted and the cheese to melt.
- Heat skillet and add butter or cooking spray
- Fry egg to desired done-ness. My trick to a great over easy egg is using a clear glass lid so I can keep an eye on how done it is, waiting until that clear film around the yolk turns white.
- Remove the naan from the oven and gently slide the egg onto your naan toast
- Top with salt, pepper and scallions, if using!
Serve up with bacon, sausage, homefries – whatever your favorite brunch side is!